Buttery Pop Zest Tofu Fingers with Marinara
Kids (and adults!) love these chicken fingers turned healthy! By marinating the tofu prior to baking, these fingers are packed with flavor inside and out. Serve with your favorite sauce, we recommend marinara or ranch.
-1/4 cup Butter Pop Zest
-1 package firm tofu (14oz)
-1/2 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
-1.5 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
-1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp smoked paprika
-1/8 tsp pepper
-marinara sauce, ranch or honey mustard, to serve
-Prepare the marinade by whisking together rice wine vinegar, olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and half the smoked paprika. Set aside.
-Drain tofu and press lightly with napkins or paper towels. Cut tofu block into 12 equal slices. Slice the block in half, then slice each half in half again- now you have fourths. Cut each fourth into three slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
3) Poke each tofu finger with 6-8 holes and place in a zip-lock bag. Pour over the marinade and gently toss with the tofu fingers, being careful not to break any. Let marinate in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
4) Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
5) Remove the tofu fingers from the zip-lock and transfer to a plate, shaking off the excess marinade.
6) On a separate plate mix the breadcrumbs, Pop Zest and 1/2 tsp salt.
Coat each of the tofu fingers in breading. Start with the edges then do the larger sides, this will minimize buildup on your fingers. Lay each slice on your prepared baking sheet.
7) After all slices are coated, sprinkle liberally with Italian herb seasoning, remaining smoked paprika. Bake in oven at 375 for 30-40 minutes (depending on your desired crunch.) You do not need to flip during baking. Tofu fingers are ready when the edges are just starting to get brown and lift off pan.
8) Let fingers rest for 5 minutes before removing with spatula. For extra crunch, place them in an air fryer for 5-8 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite sauce!
This recipe can be made with any flavor of Pop Zest!